“Believe passionately in what you do, and never knowingly compromise your standards and values. Act like a true professional, aiming for true excellence, and the money will follow.” – David Maister
We need to have the mindset and actions of a true professional if we intend to earn a serious income in the network marketing industry. The thing that puzzles me is that very few are acting like professionals. Many are really far from professional.
I have a copy of an article in my files that has the title, “Do You Just Show Up At Your Job and Expect to Get Paid?” The sad fact is that many treat their network marketing business just that way. They buy a distributor kit and they think that something will happen as if by osmosis. They may have bought into some amateur network marketer’s nonsense pitch about how there is no recruiting, no selling, we’ll do it for you. Both of these distributors are acting like amateurs.
6 Characteristics of Professional Network Marketers
- 1. Show up every day and do what is necessary – They do the WORK even though they may not be in the mood. They take ACTION! Amateurs work when they feel like it.
- 2. Self-Starter – They don’t need their upline to call and inspire and motivate them. They don’t need their hand held. Amateurs wait for someone to inspire them.
- 3. Belief in what they are doing and the products and opportunity they represent. Amateurs don’t even use the products they are promoting.
- 4. Self-Educator – In any industry there is a learning curve. Professionals in any industry learn the ins and outs of their field. They stay up to date with the latest news and training. They are always learning and growing. Amateurs don’t want to be bothered with learning.
- 5. Responsible – They take responsibility for their own success or failure. They know. “If it is to be, It’s up to ME.” Amateurs blame their failure on the upline, the company, the economy, or a number of other excuses.
- 6. Invest in their Business – From buying and using products to training, advertising, supplies, etc. They invest time and money in their business. Amateurs don’t spend time or money on their business.
Pros make extraordinary income because they consistently do what others won’t do.
We need the mindset of a professional. Every morning, take a moment to think about and visualize yourself as a professional network marketer. What are you going to do TODAY that will move you forward in your business?