There are actually more than 7 secrets to success in network marketing. Well, let’s get real. They aren’t really secrets but to some distributors, it is as though they are.
Here are seven of the more important things that all successful network marketers know and apply. If you are not aware of these and focusing on them, you will have a tough time achieving any level of success.
Having a good Self Image
– Having a good self image is important. If you don’t, it makes everything a struggle. You may find it difficult to maintain any success that you achieve because something in the self conscious says you aren’t good enough so it begins to put the brakes on.
That is why I started Esteem Power Newsletter. It is centered around helping network marketers raise their self-esteem of self-image.
2. Know Your WHY – This is another crucial one. If you don’t know why you want success in network marketing, you WILL NEVER have any success that amounts to anything.
Your WHY has to be really strong and MUST be emotional. I can’t stress that enough. If you don’t have a really strong WHY, you won’t do what it takes to get things done. Network marketing is an industry with a really high failure rate. I have heard percentage rates of failure in the 90s. I don’t know the real numbers but I know they are high.
The failure rate is not because network marketing doesn’t work. It does work. I am a living example that it works and so are several in my downline and upline that are full time network marketers.
The failure is on each individual who does not do the necessary things. Failure is because people don’t do the work, both on themselves and their business. They don’t study, they don’t learn, they don’t apply what they learn and they don’t do enough marketing. It’s really simple.
3. Believe in Yourself and the Industry – This is HUGE. YOU MUST, YOU MUST, YOU MUST BELIEVE! If you aren’t 100% confident that you can do this, you may as well pack it up and settle in at the JOB.
There are lots of ways you can build belief. Hmmm, I think that will be the focus of my next blog post. 😉
4. Visualize Success – You MUST see yourself reaching your goals. You should actually have goals written down, then daily visualizing reaching those goals. Every night before going to bed visualize goals I want to achieve. I try to get as detailed as I possibly can. What I am wearing, who I am talking to, what I am saying, I visualized myself getting awards on stage. I visualized all kinds of scenarios where I could see my check and others could also see it and be impressed. My favorite was going into the bank to deposit the check and the bank teller wanting to know how I get all these big checks.
I had so much fun when I got to that point. I loved handing the bank teller my check for deposit. Some of them were around for several years and observed my checks growing. That’s one thing I miss now that our checks are direct deposited.
Anyway, think up all kinds of ways you can visualize success. It’s fun and you’ll be amazed how it helps you get there faster. As you are visualizing, keep reflecting on your WHY.
5. Take MASSIVE Action – This one seems like common sense to me. If you don’t take action, NOTHING will happen.
You must make a plan and then WORK YOU PLAN! I see far too many distributors sign up who seem to think that all they have to do is join and their business will build itself as if by osmosis. Sorry to burst anyone’s bubble but that’s not how business of any kind works.
Actually you need to take appropriate action. Some people fiddle with this and that doing “business tasks” and are not really doing action that amounts to making progress.
ACTION, ACTION, ACTION!! Every morning ask yourself, “What can I do today to MOVE my business forward toward the realization of my goals?”
6. Learning From Mistakes – It is a fact of life. There will be mistakes, lots of them. In the beginning you are learning. You are learning about your company, learning ways to market yourself and your business and just getting the feel for what fits your style of business building.
This is one that makes me kind of sad. I want to see people experience the freedom of working from home but I’ve seen far too many distributors give up way too soon because the things they did to promote their business didn’t work as they planned.
You have to keep trying and testing until you find what fits YOUR style. There are marketing techniques that fit most anyone. I am an excellent example. I was very uncomfortable approaching strangers and I was not into harassing friends and family. I had to test all kinds of marketing and THAT I DID!
Lots of marketing techniques I tried were abysmal failures, some I spent a lot of money on. In the beginning I was broke so free and really cheap was all I could do. The point is, you have to keep trying and testing methods to promote your business.
Think of each mistake or failure as a lesson. Learn the lesson, make the adjustments and KEEP PROGRESSING!
7. Celebrate Abundance – Be on the watch for anything that is progress. Celebrate progress. Celebrate abundance. Celebrate when you learn something that will grow your business.
Celebrate success in others too. I have a silly fun thing I do with a few of my team members who use MSN Messenger. There is a thing they call a “Wink” that you can send a little animated sequence to someone on your list of contacts. Whenever I see an abundant thing happening in their group, I send a special abundance “wink.” Watch the video below to see what I am taking about.