Your words and your thoughts create your future. You become what you focus on. Whatever you talk yourself into as true, you will live a life that will prove it.
Sometimes it can be difficult to keep our minds and emotions focused in a way that moves ourselves toward our goals. I thought I’d share two abundance techniques that I have been using for years. They have helped me focus on the success I wanted to achieve. I still use these to this day.
The first technique is a variation of an Abundance Game idea I got from Carol Look’s Attracting Abundance newsletter a while back. It’s called the “Are You Sitting Down?” Game.
You “pretend” to leave a message on a friend or family member’s answering machine that begins, “Hi, it’s me, are you sitting down?” Then describe in detail whatever abundance story you are intending to manifest in your life. For example, it might sound something like this: “Hi Sue, it’s me. Are you sitting down? You won’t believe what happened. I was just notified that I qualified in the company sales incentive trip for this year! Not only that but I get all expenses paid for me and a friend. How would you like to join me as my guest? Call me back as soon as you can. Bye.”
Variations of this game are listed in Carol’s e-book,
“Attracting Abundance with EFT.”
I have this book and I highly recommend it.
Another Abundance Game I have used many times over the course of my career:
I have written in a journal for years. Besides writing goals, things I was grateful for, things I had learned, I would also write imaginary letters to friends and family. These letters would be full of news of my successes and neat things I was doing as a result of my abundantly successful business.
I wrote these letters in two types of circumstances:
1. Whenever someone said something disparaging about my business. For example: In the first year of my network marketing business a family member said, “Why don’t you stop selling those herbs and get a real job.” So, this woman has received many imaginary letters from me. Letters from all over the world. ; )
2. The other circumstance that would inspire me to write a letter is when something really exciting happened in my business or just life in general. You see, It is much easier to write an excited, joyful letter about your future if you really feel the emotion. Take the emotion when you are feeling SUPER GOOD about something and write someone a letter.
Some things you could include in your letters:
- Write letters from exotic places you would love to travel to. Write as though you are there, describe the sightseeing or the meals you are having. Always inserting a “wish you were here.” into the letter.
- If your company has a sales incentive trip, write letters from the trip as though you already qualified.
- Describe going on stage at convention and receiving awards for achieving higher levels in the company.
- Reflect on how things have changed and how grateful you are for the life you are living.
- If you picture a new house in your future, describe that.
Whatever it is that expresses success and abundance in your business and life, write about that and be as descriptive as possible telling the story of the things you will be able to do because of the success of your business. I have letters with all kinds of variations on future success that I was visualizing. Many of them have already come true for me.
Leave a comment and let me know what you think of these techniques or if you have any abundance tricks of your own you want to share.
Thanks for stopping in.