Hey! We all have those, don’t we? I’m talking about emotional down times. You know the kind I mean. I’m talking about those times when we just don’t feel like doing anything. Maybe we have been through some crazy times in our personal life or with family members or maybe we are burned out because of a project that consumed a lot of time or maybe it’s all of the above. Sometimes you just get overwhelmed or just plain discouraged.
Recently I went through a one of those down times and it got me thinking about how people handle those down times. I have been in my primary company for 13 years and I have had many periods of down time. We all have ups and downs and that will be reflected in how productive we are at building our business. The important thing is not to slide backwards because of it.
The thing I want to talk to you about is what are you doing with your down time. For me, down time does not mean everything comes to a screeching halt. I ALWAYS do a few things to keep things moving forward. I have a plan of action for those times and I recommend you also have a plan in mind for those times.
Here are a few important things to keep on top of:
2. Return phone calls.
3. Check in on Facebook and do minimal tasks like accepting friend requests and RESPOND to direct messages.
4. Check in DAILY with your company back office. Keep tabs on what is happening in your business.
5. If you have new members, you need to contact them. Even if it’s just sending an email welcome, don’t neglect that.
I have seen it often in my downline where people go through their down times and they let everything stop. If you are really serious about your business, you must not let things come to a screeching halt. You must do at least a minimal effort to keep momentum going.
Whenever I hit one of those down times I don’t let myself
stay there long. Sometimes you need a little time to take a break,
but not too long. ; )
If you take too long, it is harder to get back on track.
If you have let things come to a stop during a down time, don’t beat yourself up about it. Just pick up, dust yourself off and take a step forward.
Here are a few things I like to do to help myself out of emotional down times:
1. Listen to music: motivating uplifting music that picks up your mood.
2. Listen to uplifting and motivating audios. Jim Rohn audios kept me going in down times. I still listen to those.
3. Curl up with a good book. People today aren’t reading enough. It’s really good for the mind and the emotional state and a great way to relax.
4. Go for a walk. Do some exercise. Exercise really can help things emotionally and you just seem to feel more positive and motivated.
5. EFT or Emotional Freedom Technique. If you have been reading my newsletters for any length of time, you have heard me mention EFT. It is really powerful tool in dealing with the emotional side of your business.
A couple of EFT resources I use regularly:
Click Here for the EFT Audio Series Money Beyond Belief – These EFT sessions laser focus on your energy blocks to abundance. Removing these blocks will help you build your Young Living Business. I have bought all Brad Yates audios and I have found them very powerful in shifting my energy.
More Brad Yates EFT Audios
We all have our ups and downs. It’s what we do during the down times that determine the level of success we will have. So keep at it and keep your head up.
I wish you loads of forward moving success,