“Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.” — Napoleon Hill
Procrastination is a problem for many network marketers.
The days are ticking by one after another. Now that the economy is bad, you have all the more reason to get to work on your business.
Oh, by the way. Times of bad economy are ideal times to build a network marketing business. People are looking for ways to supplement their income!!! I am actually having record sales volume. I hit a new record in the size of my monthly check from my primary company. I attribute that partly to the bad economy and partly to my association with a powerful master mind group called Million Mind March.
Please don’t let procrastination cause you to miss out on this opportune time to build a successful network marketing business.
Every day that you don’t do some work on your business, self improvement and training are putting you one step further away from your goals.
Have you noticed how fast time flies by? I am amazed that 13 years have passed since I started with my primary company. I am ever thankful that I kept moving forward in my business and not only do I but several family members and others in my downline also experience the freedom of network marketing.
I realize I am a bit of an odd duck. I tend to procrastinate on doing non business things. Almost every morning my husband asks me if I plan to take any time to play a game today. I always say, “Yes. I plan to do that.” That’s one area I procrastinate. I rarely get around to game playing. For me, working on my business is more fun than any game I could play. I also procrastinate exercising which is something I need to be more focused on.
Tips to help with Procrastination:
1. Know WHY you are building this business and think about it every day. Then decide what you will do TODAY that will take you one step closer to your goal.
2. Make a list of the IMPORTANT things you want to accomplish today. I also have a tomorrow list that I start in the afternoon for the next day’s activities.
Some of the things on your list need to be things that will actually cause you to increase income – Getting people to your web site, putting marketing materials out, talking to prospects, etc.
3. Prioritize your list. Decide which things are most important on the list. Do those first. If you have something unpleasant to do, I recommend to get that over with first or early in the day. Everything else will be a breeze.
4. Big jobs can be broken down into parts. Part of your daily routine should be reading success books and training. I have several books I am in the process of reading. I read a bit from each every day. Even 15 minutes a day reading will be a positive step forward.
5. Make a plan and take action. Decide how much time you will spend each week on your business. Then plan what you will do during that time.
I recommend at a minimum of talking to at least two new prospects every day… that is 60 a month. If you recruit just 10%, you will have 6 new recruits personally sponsored every month.
You will never be perfect. You don’t have to get it perfect, you just have to get it going.